In its 13 year history, Kootenai Bridge Academy has always accepted all eligible applicants, no exception. However, the State of Idaho requires we post our Lottery Process.
Read the policy info below.
* Each year KBA will establish an enrollment admission deadline, which shall be the date that all applications must be turned in to be eligible for the initial lottery.
* All Students that were enrolled at the end of the previous school year will automatically be enrolled for the upcoming school year.
* The name of each prospective student is written on or affixed to a 3x5 index card.
* All cards, regardless of preference, are placed in a container.
* Each card is selected one at a time by a third party who is not affiliated with Kootenai Bridge Academy. This person will pass the card to another individual who writes a number (indicating the order drawn) and a letter (indicating order of preference) on each card.
* The letters are as follows:
1. A= First, to pupils returning to KBA in the second or any subsequent year of operation. Returning students are automatically enrolled in the appropriate grade and do not need to be selected by a random selection method.
2. B= Second, to children of founders, provided that this admission preference shall be limited to not more than ten percent (10%) of the capacity of KBA.
3. C= Third, siblings of students already selected
4. D= Fourth, to prospective students residing in the attendance area of KBA
5. E= All other students
* With regard to the sibling preference, if the name of the person selected has a sibling who has already been selected, but the person previously selected did not have the letter "C" written on his or her index card (because a sibling had not been selected for admission prior to the selection of the index card of that person), then the letter "C" shall now be written on that person's index card at this time.
* After all index cards have been selected, then the index cards shall be sorted in accordance with the following procedure. All index cards with the letter "A" shall be sorted first, based on the chronological order of the selection number written on each index card; followed by all index cards with the letter "B", based on the chronological order of the selection number written on each index card; followed by all index cards with the letter "C", based on the chronological order of the selection number written on each index card.
* After the index cards have been drawn and sorted, the names shall be transferred in such order as preferences apply, to the final selection list.
* Final Selection List: The names of the persons in the highest order on the final selection list shall have the highest priority for admission to the public charter school, and shall be offered admission to the public charter school until all seats are filled.
* All students who are not selected to attend Kootenai Bridge Academy will be placed on the waiting list. Any seat that is vacated during the school year will be offered to the next eligible student on the waiting list.
* All Applications received throughout the school year will be placed on the waiting list in the order that they were received with precedence given to those applicants that need six or less credits to graduate.
* For the remainder of the year, KBA will admit students, throughout the school year, on dates established by the principal and staff. Precedence will be given to students who are on the waiting list that was compiled at the beginning of the year. As new students apply, they will be placed on the waiting list on a first come first serve basis.
* Within seven days of the lottery letters will be sent notifying parents/guardians that their child is either eligible to attend Kootenai Bridge Academy or has been placed on the waiting list.
* If the school does not receive confirmation of the acceptance from the interested parties within a time frame to be set by the Director and staff, the student’s slot will be relinquished and another student will be notified of admission.
According to Public Charter Schools Law, Section 33-5205 "...There shall be no carryover from year to year of the list maintained to fill vacancies. A new lottery shall be conducted each year to fill vacancies which become available"